Beeflux presents an online session on
Python Programming Language
What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. Its high-level built-in data structures, combined with dynamic typing and dynamic binding, make it very attractive for Rapid Application Development, as well as for use as a scripting or glue language to connect existing components together. Python’s simple, easy to learn syntax emphasizes readability and therefore reduces the cost of program maintenance. Python supports modules and packages, which encourages program modularity and code reuse. The Python interpreter and the extensive standard library are available in source or binary form without charge for all major platforms and can be freely distributed.
Topic Cover During Session
Module 1 – Data Types, Variables, Basic Input-Output Operations, Basic Operators
- Your first program
- Python literals
- Operators – data manipulation tools
- Variables – data-shaped boxes
- How to talk to a computer?
Module 2 – Boolean Values, Conditional Execution, Loops, Lists and List Processing, Logical and Bitwise Operations
- Making decisions in Python
- Python’s loops
- Logic and bit operations in Python
- Lists – collections of data
- Sorting simple lists – the bubble sort algorithm
- Lists – some more details
- Lists in advanced applications
Module 3 – Functions, Tuples, Dictionaries, and Data Processing
- Writing functions in Python
- How functions communicate with their environment?
- Returning a result from a function
- Scopes in Python
- Let’s make some fun… sorry, functions
- Tuples and dictionaries
Module 4 – Modules, Packages, String and List Methods, and Exceptions
- Using modules
- Some useful modules
- What is a package?
- Errors – the programmer’s daily bread
- The anatomy of exception
- Some of the most useful exceptions
- Characters and strings vs. computers
- Python’s nature of strings
- String methods
- Strings in action
- Four simple programs
Module 5 – The Object-Oriented Approach: Classes, Methods, Objects, and the Standard Objective Features; Exception Handling, and Working with Files
- Basic concepts of object programming
- A short journey from procedural to object approach
- Inheritance – one of object programming foundations
- Exceptions once again
- Generators and closures
- Processing files
- Working with real files
Module 6 – Coding standards Pep8, documentation, clean code, Django basic.
*Amulya Acharya will take 30 days class on daily basis on python.